The applicant must submit a certified copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate
or the equivalent, demonstrating that s/he has satisfactorily graduated from secondary school, and must arrange for
other relevant certified documents, such as transcripts or detailed mark sheets, to be released to UCI.
1. Application to Undergraduate Programs
Applications to the undergraduate programs are accepted twice a year.
2. Accepted Higher School Certificates for undergraduate programs
High School Diploma, Higher Secondary School Certificate, General
Certificates of Secondary Education (GCSE), Higher Secondary
Certificate, Upper Secondary /Secondary School/ High School/ Senior
High School Leaving Certificate, Testimonial, Secondary Education
Certificate, Senior School Certificate, Matriculation Examination
Certificate, SAT, WAEC, WASSCE, NECO, JAMB, BACCALAUREATE.
Note: Standard XII (Grade 12) should have been completed in the relevant countries.
3. Transfer student applications or associate degree holders
Students who are hold an Associate Degree or a National Diploma can
apply as a transfer student to the Bachelor Degree programs of the
University of City Island.
The requirements for transfer applications to the University of City Island
are as follows.
-Transfer applications should be to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th semesters.
Associate Degree or National Diploma holders generally start from the 5th semester.
– Student should not have been dismissed from a University,
– All required modules should have been completed from previous classes.
– CGPA should be minimum 2.00 out of 4.00 or the equivalent.
4. English Proficiency Requirement
All applicants for whom English is a second language are required to take
UCI English Proficiency Exam, or present documents demonstrating their
English proficiency level.